A weekly podcast with the latest e-commerce news and events. Episode 116 is a recap of current industry news and Geek Week!
This episode catches up on the latest e-commerce news
- Ad Coverage
- Amazon won the Superbowl
- Nike Launched a new sneaker direct to consumer. Nike’s SNKRS site for new releases (who’s name I couldn’t remember during the recording, sorry Kevin).
- SpaceX successfully launched it’s first Falcon heavy rocket, and recovered two of the boosters. The photos and video of the Tesla in space were amazing. And there appears to be a thawing of relations between Jeff Bezos and Elan Musk.
- Prime Now delivery from Whole Foods stores
- Expansion of FBA On-Site
- Amazon expands it’s airport plans from 900 acres, to 1100 acres
- The Spheres launched at HQ1
- Private label continues to get traction especially premium denim “Hale and Denim Crush”
- Amazon Go store opened to the public
- Amazon is the largest spender on R&D, much larger than any other retailer
- Walmart acquired Spatialand out of Store 8 for VR Capability
- JD.com Coming to US
- Walmart – Rakuten partnership ads digital books to Walmart.com
Helena Foulkes becomes new CEO of HBC (from CVS) replacing Jerry Storch
Deliv launched DelivRX home delivery pharmacy service
- Etail west 2/26 – 3/1 Palm Desert
- Path to Purchase Summit – March 12-14 – Chicago
- IBM Think 3/19-22 Las Vegas
- ShopTalk 3/18-21 Las Vegas
- Adobe 3/25-3/29 Las Vegas
- NPD Idea 5/15-17 Austin
- SAP Sapphire June 5-7, Orlando
Don’t forget to like our facebook page, and if you enjoyed this episode please write us a review on itunes.
Episode 116 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Thursday, February 8th 2018.
Join your hosts Jason “Retailgeek” Goldberg, SVP Commerce & Content at SapientRazorfish, and Scot Wingo, Founder and Executive Chairman of Channel Advisor as they discuss the latest news and trends in the world of e-commerce and digital shopper marketing.