A weekly podcast with the latest e-commerce news and events. Episode 19 includes a discussion of Grocery Commerce, recaps of the Adobe & Bronto Summits, Apple Pay News, and more.
Jason attended the Adobe summit.
- Adobe announced a Cross Device Attribution “Device Co-op”
- From the retail supersession, Sucherita Mulpuru shared the Forrester mobile forecast,$35B in mobile sales, $977B mobile influenced sales. So for every dollar purchased on a mobile device, another $28 are influenced.
- Adobe demoed an entirely unrealistic retail use case “REI Shopping Bag” based on technology from Twyst.
- Razorfish debuted a new set of tools for creating B2B commerce experiences using the Adobe stack, called Razorshop B2B
Scot attended the Bronto conference, and gave a talk on “E-Commerce and the On-Demand Economy“
- Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. announced Monday that it sold 3 trillion yuan ($463 billion) of goods through its online shopping websites in the past year ending in March, a milestone for the company. When their fiscal year ends on March 31, they likely will surpass Walmart as the largest retailer in the world
Macys thinks amazon can’t compete
- Microsoft Chatbot “Tay” – taken down after abuse
- Apple Pay is coming to the mobile web
Online Grocery – there is some conflicting opinions about the future of online grocery.
- HSBC Analysts were bearish – “We remain unconvinced of long-term viability of home deliveries for grocery” David McCarthy
- While a Morgan Stanley study predicts online grocery is growing fast.
Episode 19 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Thursday, March 24th, 2016.
Leave a Reply