A weekly podcast with the latest e-commerce news and events. Episode 25 covers a lot of press about the challenges of brick and mortar retail, and overly promotional retail concepts, a recap of several store visits in NYC, and other misc retail news.
Episode 25 – Retail Apocalypse, NY Store Visits, and Other News
NY Store Visits:
- Ralph Lauren – Magic Mirror (Oak Labs)
- Barney’s – Chelsea
- Macy’s One Below (and Etsy)
- Samsung 837 \
- LuluLemon Lab
- TSA filed bankruptcy and is liquidating
- Aeropostale filed for bankruptcy, closing 5 stores asap
- WSJ Article: Retail is overbuilt
- WSJ Article: Free shipping crowding out small businesses
- Mall traffic is down
- Promotions driving a race to the bottom
- eBay Enterprise rebrands as Radial
- Paypal onetouch working well
- Target inventory tracking robot, Tally
- Target and lancome first snapchat ecommerce ads
- Bonobos – guideshop is working!
- We’ll be both be at shoptalk May 15-18 in Vegas
Episode 25 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Thursday, May 5th, 2016.