A weekly podcast with the latest e-commerce news and events. Episode 42 is a recap of the latest news including Amazon Project X (Grocery Pickup)
- Rumor: Sellers are saying they are being notified by amazon they are going to stop doing FBA off amazon.
- Project X – a New Grocery Pickup Store from Amazon
- Recap of Jason’s visit to Amazon Bookstore
- Rumor: Amazon to launch spotify killer for echo
- US Commerce dept said e-commerce grew 15.8%,
- BestBuy beat expectations in Q2 thanks to online which spiked 24% y/y
- Walmart beat expectations in Q2 – SSS up 1.6%, 7 straight quarters of traffic growth, e-com up 11.8%
- At the same time Target struggled in Q2 with SSS declining 1.1% and e-commerce grew 16%
- One Kings Lane sold for $30m, after being valued at $900m
- Has Pokemon Go peaked?
- Lily Pulitzer sale problems
This episode is sponsored by the National Retail Federation. The Jason and Scot show will be live podcasting at the NRF/shop.org digital summit 2016 which is in Dallas September 26-28th this year. We have a custom discount code for our listeners. The code is JASON&SCOT, you will get a 10% discount on the full conference fee. Visit retailsdigitalsummit.nrf.com to enter the code when you register for the show and we’ll see you there!
Don’t forget to like our facebook page, and if you enjoyed this episode please write us a review on itunes.
Episode 42 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Wednesday, August 24th, 2016.
Leave a Reply