A weekly podcast with the latest e-commerce news and events. Episode 44 covers the Iphone 7 launch, Amazon News, and a preview of the Shop.org Digital Summit.
Apple announced the iPhone 7 & iPhone 7 Plus. Key features for shopper marketing:
- Felica NFC Support means Apple Pay in Japan
- Improved imaging offers new Augmented Reality and Visual Search possibilities, and dual cameras on the iPhone 7 Plus may eventually allow steroscopic imaging for accurate measurements and 3D scanning.
- iOS 10 – Supports ApplePay in web-browser
- iOS 10 – Supports commerce capabilities for Siri
- iMessage now has an app store for commercial chatbots
- Amazon implementing ‘brand gating’ (and offering some exemptions)
- Amazon drone spotted in the wild
- Amazon constraining quantities they accept in FBA, and delaying processing
- Dash buttons launch in EU (may not be legal)
- Amazon basics/private label landing page
- Amazon Bloomberg article about logistics
- Amazon lowering shipping times in China
- Distressed Brands moving to Amazon – Land’s End, Gap. Birkenstock moving off.
- Jason emceeing a number of the keynotes
- Live news summary podcasts from the showfloor
- Tuesday 9/27 2pm CST
- Wed 9/28 10:30am CST
- Live podcast interviews from the showfloor
- Tues 9/27 1pm CST Brad Brown, SVP Digital Retail at REI
- Wed 9/28 9am CST – Rob Schmults, SVP E-Commerce and CRM at Talbots
- Wed 9/28 9:45am – Facebook
- Jason and Scot breakout session
- Tuesday 9/27 3:30pm CST
- Covering Mobile Gap, Amazon, and Brands going direct
This episode is sponsored by the National Retail Federation. The Jason and Scot show will be live podcasting at the NRF/shop.org digital summit 2016 which is in Dallas September 26-28th this year. We have a custom discount code for our listeners. The code is JASON&SCOT, you will get a 10% discount on the full conference fee. Visit retailsdigitalsummit.nrf.com to enter the code when you register for the show and we’ll see you there!
Don’t forget to like our facebook page, and if you enjoyed this episode please write us a review on itunes.
Episode 44 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Thursday, September 8th, 2016.