A weekly podcast with the latest e-commerce news and events. Episode 71 is a news update covering Amazon and Walmart earnings calls, and other industry news.
Episode 71 is a news update:
Razorfish Tech Summit – YouTube video
Toronto – AdWeek FFWD 2017
- Amazon Earning Call – Prime Estimates 60m subscriptions, First party sales grew 19%, Third Party Marketplace sales grew 43%, FBA is now 55% of all sales, Amazon Ad sales grew 73% to $2.95B.
- Amazon video conferencing app (Chime)
- Amazon in-home smart home consultations
- Amazon denies NYPost story about Robot store
- Prime Air Cameo in Echo Super Bowl spot
- Amazon CFO – bookstores more about devices than books
- 2 day free shipping $35 (Amazon lowers threshold in response)
- Ecomm grew 29%
- Walmart aquires Moosejaw
- New Walmart convenience store Pilot
- FedEx launches FBA competitor
- E-Com was 42% of retail growth last year
- Dept Store sales in decline for 10 years
- Google Home Adds Commerce (Bezos says voice isn’t really about commerce)
- Target – same store sales down 3% in Nov/Dec, E-Com grows 30%, Target cuts back on innovation, RIP project goldfish
- JJill IPO and Snap!
Don’t forget to like our facebook page, and if you enjoyed this episode please write us a review on itunes.
Episode 71 of the Jason & Scot show was recorded on Tuesday February 21st 2017.